What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files, typically of letters and numbers stored on a user’s computer or other recognisable browsing device when the user accesses certain websites. The cookies are subsequently sent back to the original website on each visit. This permits the website to recognise a user’s device and distinguishes the user from other website users, based on their activity on the website.
Note that the cookies contain information about the activity of the user’s device, browsing patterns and operating system but don’t include any personal or confidential information about the user — such as their name or address.
- Session Cookies: These cookies allow users to carry information across pages without having to re-enter information. This also allows us to link the actions of the user during a browser session. These cookies are temporary and expire after a browser session has been closed.
- Analytics Cookies: This website uses a website statistics tool provided by Google Inc. called Google Analytics. This cookie also allows us to recognise and count the number of visitors as well as evaluate a user’s activity on this website. For example to see which landing pages or content users enjoy most. This helps us to provide our users with a good experience and allows us to improve the way our website works.
How to manage cookies
Should the user require, they can restrict access or block cookies to this website, or indeed any other website via their browser settings. Here are the links that explain how to manage cookies depending on the user’s browser. Note that these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE – the mobile version is at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions)
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/ Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
However, be advised that restricting cookies in any form may impact the functionality of this website.
More information about how to manage or restrict cookies can be found here: www.aboutcookies.org
Every month Touch Financial help businesses improve their cash flow with invoice finance. Request a quote to find out how much extra cash you could raise.Get a quote >